View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 04:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Fantastic. I went to write 2x4, somehow hit the wrong keys, and my 19 browser windows, with 2-100+ tabs each, closed down on me!

Rookie numbers!

YouTube kept pushing videos about guys making their own concrete planters. This was the last one I watched: He used 400 pounds of sand and 600 pounds of concrete to make something his wife liked so much she had him put it right in front of the house.

Maybe I could sell those, but I like my back!

Then it started recommending videos like this: This guy kept saying that lumber prices were way high, but fence boards had not gone up in price, so he came up with a bunch of ideas using fence boards.

2x4 prices seem to be back where they were 4 years ago, actually cheaper than cedar pickets, and slightly more than treated pine ones.

The only simple 1x6es I find are 14' long and slightly cheaper per foot.

He showed many other relatively-easy projects (and variations of the planters), like this 49" wide x 24" deep x 93" tall shed, but I felt I was getting distracted.

Mom once gave me permission to build a small shed for our yard tools, but I feel that I should focus on cedar planters, although it would be great to have a place to put the tools!

When I was laying in recliner, waiting for the void to finally take me, I thought that if I made taller planters Mom might actually use them, and like the elevated one I recently built for her, she wouldn't need to sit on the ground and climb back up to use it.

We could bring it inside when it gets cold, too.

I was thinking about cutting 2x4s and 2x3s so they look like a 4x4 (from the outside), but today I saw this: It seems like the most logical thing to do would be to move the patio junk into storage, build several of these, put them on the patio, and forget the garden box.

I can put siding on the greenhouse frame and easily make a shed, but it would still be weird with the raised garden base.