View Single Post
Old 06-10-2023, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
COcyclist
Aero Wannabe

TDi - '04 VW Golf
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 53.2 mpg (US)
Cd, in my case I removed the passenger side mirror and often drive with the driver side mirror folded in on lightly trafficked 2 lane roads. I added a small rectangular “blind spot” mirror glued on at roughly 90 degrees to the driver’s side mirror so I have a view to the rear even with the mirror folded. I have a passenger “blind spot” mirror on the inside.

I did get pulled over one Sunday morning by a bored? police officer. She never mentioned the mirrors but after checking license and registration, let me go. For the record, I did have the inside rear view mirror and an outside mirror, if smaller than stock. Also, if I am on the Interstate I will often unfold the stock mirror to its original position. There are some speedy drivers out there even if you are at the posted limit and I want full visibility to the driver’s side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. Mechanical friction increases as the square, so increasing speed requires progressively more power.