View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
COcyclist
Aero Wannabe

TDi - '04 VW Golf
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 53.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
What kind of a ticket am I looking at, and what all is involved after you get a ticket ? I'm assuming a fine, but also you have to appear in court in the town that you were stopped in, even if it is a thousand miles away ?
In my experience, your vehicle needs to be legal in the state it is registered in. I was living in New England with a car registered legally to my father in another state. The inspection sticker expired before I got home to renew it. I was ticketed for driving with an expired inspection sticker but soon got a notice in the mail to ignore the ticket because the local officer did not have jurisdiction over my vehicle. Now I own a car with Colorado registration that my daughter drives in the “rust belt” state where she lives. She has been pulled over but never ticketed when they find that the car is legally registered to me in Colorado.

Texas is a big state but hopefully not “thousands” of miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. Mechanical friction increases as the square, so increasing speed requires progressively more power.