View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 07:06 PM   #1367 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,819 Times in 7,276 Posts
Complete vehicles, caked in mud. I'd settle for the bulkheads and suspension. That would let me sort out the structure.

I told them about Our Audi Etron had a surprise after dumping it in thousands of pounds of rice.

I went with J. Morgan to Vintage Underground and they set up a meeting for when the boss is back from Ventura, CA. They are collaborating with Fellten in the UK where they have EV conversion kits for the Mini, 911 and Land Rover. Vintage Undergrounbd have their own conversion for the Jaguar XKE.

The Mini kit looks like it would go into a Geo Metro, but that's just me.

Meanwhile, back in my little corner of the World, it looks like the FUV battery box is 8" wide, the same as the depth of a VW Beetle front beam extender. And the axle line is 8" forward of the rear bulkhead so the whole suspension and drive train can rest on the Beetle 'tuning fork'. My '58 Baja Bug could look like this:

Just the way I always wanted.

edit: One of the stories Joe Morgan told was that someone (in an FUV) got T-boned by a Ford F-250, came through Okay, and called Joe up and thanked him for insisting on dual seat belts.

Last edited by freebeard; 08-16-2023 at 07:43 PM..