View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 10:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
razordave
EcoModding Apprentice

I've made some preparations for pulling a trailer. I removed all passenger seating, spare tire and muffler.

I installed honda atv springs inside my springs hoping to leave the ride height alone. It seems I have lifted the rear of the car 1.5 inches.

Airbags it is. I was trying to find airlift poly bags for inside my original springs but that was fruitless.

I have 2 trailers to choose from.
Trailer 1 is roughly 73" to the outside of the frame rails. It is shaped like a Y. I can cut the 5 feet out of the frame rails length where the tongue meets the angles. That will reduce the width by 33 inches. It would also bring the overall length down to 19' from 23. The axle mounts are all on u bolts so easily moved.

This trailer has tandem axles much wider and more robust than option 2.

Trailer 2 was a single pwc trailer. Shaped more like a slingshot I guess. Frame rails are 40" wide. I would likely need to extend this one 18-24" and add a crossmember outward from the tongue for the leading wall of my micro camper.

The wheels are 8" which scared me at first but I was reminded that I'm going for featherweight camper.

My current plan is a basic 4󫶜' box possibly with some roof taper. I would love to still incorporate that little 10 foot John boat but I guess it's not a deal breaker.

The more I remove from the car, the more I have to question whether I need a camper. The car has air conditioning and heat, it's watertight(ish), mobile.. maybe I only need a hitch cargo carrier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230825_202727.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	34105