View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 03:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,680 Times in 7,155 Posts
The weak point is the solar panels. Aptera, Xbus and a few others lead the way.

Any color you want as long as it's black? Pshaw.

https://techxplore.com/news/2023-08-...electrode.html
Quote:
The multi-layer transparent thin film electrode based on a single material does not require additional processing. It is expected that various colors and high efficiency of thin film solar cells can be realized at a low cost. In addition, since the reflective color is implemented as an optical filter, it can be applied to various fields such as image sensors, photolithography masks, and infrared shielding.

Dr. Jung-dae Kwon, a principal researcher, said, "When commercialized, this technology will help to develop simple and process-free light filter technology and high-efficiency colored flexible substrate transparent thin-film solar cells, as well as to realize BIPV systems for modern buildings and VIPV systems for vehicles with aesthetic features."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary
Personally I wish I never had gotten rid of that 1985 VW Golf diesel with 700,000 miles on it.
Sometimes I reminisce about the 1979 Dasher diesel. It was happiest on the freeway, the Metro is not.

Last edited by freebeard; 08-28-2023 at 03:14 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zachary (08-28-2023)