View Single Post
Old 08-31-2023, 03:43 AM   #1393 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Yes, we had a civilian fleet for non-training use, I just can't remember what it was called.

I always heard that when our unit left Washington, the senior leaders came last, and a Lieutenant used a military-owned civilian vehicle to pull an ATM out of a wall.

The only term I found was Government-Owned Vehicle.

One time a Sergeant on EAC, which I also forget, but it was staff duty for the entire building.

I asked multiple times what it was and everyone tried to explain the concept that I already knew, but what does the title mean?

One time the Sergeant showed me the binder in his hands and it had the full name.

The only thing that I can find is this: CQ Army Explained: 4 Things You Should Know

When I was in Basic, two Soldiers and a Drill Sergeant were on duty in CQ, which stands for "Charge of Quarters."

That page doesn't mention Fire Guard, which is what we called it when I was Active Duty.

In Basic and AIT (Advanced Individual Training, job school), we guarded the door to our bay, our part of the barracks.

In Germany, we guarded part of a floor.
Quote:
First of all, all the best stuff happens at night. Some of the best Army stories begin with “It was 2:00 a.m., and I was on CQ…”
The only excitement that I saw was Sergeants from other companies coming into our barracks and harassing us.

One time one came in wearing civilians, asked us if there was another kitchen on that floor, and my Sergeant said "I don't know, I don't live here."
"How come you don't know, you are responsible for this area!"
"There is only one kitchen in my area and I have never used it, I don't live here."

Then the guy in civilians claimed to out-rank my Sergeant, but my Sergeant was on duty at his station, and we didn't have any idea what the other was doing, or why he was there.

Officially, my Sergeant represented the Sergeant Major, and I am sure that he could have said "I don't know who this guy is, but he is causing a disturbance."

Every time I saw a Sergeant manning the front desk, he or she was a Staff Sergeant.

I asked one something and he said that he would give me a ride.

I felt surprised as he walked to his 350z and he said "If I don't use the government vehicle, I don't clean the government vehicle."