Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2023, 10:13 AM   #1391 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,171 Times in 1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
As defence contractors will deal with a sensitive matter, it's understandable that some objections to hiring someone whose loyalty to the country is "uncertain".
Assembling a widget with three screws and sticking it in a bin then passing that box along doesn't require any ideological alignment and is treated thusly. Having that person show up 5 days out of 5 is a bit more crucial.

Otoh, to get acess to sensitive projects (even thiose that are only commercially sensitive) usually involves some sort of background check, restricted access, and an assumption that the operator will leak information.

What I found amazing was that there were no allowances for drug misuse, but I could be an alcoholic and have a monster clearance. WTF?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-30-2023, 04:35 PM   #1392 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
Otoh, to get acess to sensitive projects (even thiose that are only commercially sensitive) usually involves some sort of background check, restricted access, and an assumption that the operator will leak information.
One thing that seems quite dumb was a mobile home manufacturer stating its catalog of homes meant to be sold for military personnel was "classified", yet I don't believe there would be too much of a difference from that to the ones sold to anyone else.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:43 AM   #1393 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Yes, we had a civilian fleet for non-training use, I just can't remember what it was called.

I always heard that when our unit left Washington, the senior leaders came last, and a Lieutenant used a military-owned civilian vehicle to pull an ATM out of a wall.

The only term I found was Government-Owned Vehicle.

One time a Sergeant on EAC, which I also forget, but it was staff duty for the entire building.

I asked multiple times what it was and everyone tried to explain the concept that I already knew, but what does the title mean?

One time the Sergeant showed me the binder in his hands and it had the full name.

The only thing that I can find is this: CQ Army Explained: 4 Things You Should Know

When I was in Basic, two Soldiers and a Drill Sergeant were on duty in CQ, which stands for "Charge of Quarters."

That page doesn't mention Fire Guard, which is what we called it when I was Active Duty.

In Basic and AIT (Advanced Individual Training, job school), we guarded the door to our bay, our part of the barracks.

In Germany, we guarded part of a floor.
Quote:
First of all, all the best stuff happens at night. Some of the best Army stories begin with “It was 2:00 a.m., and I was on CQ…”
The only excitement that I saw was Sergeants from other companies coming into our barracks and harassing us.

One time one came in wearing civilians, asked us if there was another kitchen on that floor, and my Sergeant said "I don't know, I don't live here."
"How come you don't know, you are responsible for this area!"
"There is only one kitchen in my area and I have never used it, I don't live here."

Then the guy in civilians claimed to out-rank my Sergeant, but my Sergeant was on duty at his station, and we didn't have any idea what the other was doing, or why he was there.

Officially, my Sergeant represented the Sergeant Major, and I am sure that he could have said "I don't know who this guy is, but he is causing a disturbance."

Every time I saw a Sergeant manning the front desk, he or she was a Staff Sergeant.

I asked one something and he said that he would give me a ride.

I felt surprised as he walked to his 350z and he said "If I don't use the government vehicle, I don't clean the government vehicle."
Old 09-02-2023, 02:52 PM   #1394 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Yes, we had a civilian fleet for non-training use, I just can't remember what it was called.
Non-combat vehicle? Administrative fleet? White fleet?
Old 09-21-2023, 12:40 PM   #1395 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

freebeard: suppose you know about this?
ARCIMOTO, INC. 2023 Special Meeting
Vote by *October 4, 2023*.

As a shareholder in ARCIMOTO, INC., you have the right to vote in an important election that may affect your investment. Don't miss your chance to make your choice.

Control number: *0451221716821370*

Account number: *#####977*

Meeting date: *October 5, 2023*
Old 09-21-2023, 04:04 PM   #1396 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,836 Times in 7,292 Posts
Not a shareholder, so no. I did get an email about upcoming events.
Quote:
Upcoming Events: Join Us in September

2023 Solar & EV Fest (9/22-9/23)
Location: Itty Bitty Inn, 1504 Sherman Ave, North Bend, OR 97459
Time: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM on both days

2023 Sustainability Fair and EV Car Show (9/23/2023)
Location: West Meadow, 150 W. Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
Time: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

Audi Of Henderson Lake Las Vegas Classic (9/29-9/30)
Location: Reflection Bay Golf Club at Lake Las Vegas, 75 Montelago Blvd, Henderson, NV 89011
Time: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
I've got two other potential reasons to be in North Bend this weekend (family and Greater Idaho) but it won't be happening for me.

Old 09-22-2023, 09:21 AM   #1397 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Actually since you're the local aficionado, I figured you had some insight as to what they were doing. They havent cancelled the stock like other bankruptcies, so I'm sitting on it.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:20 AM   #1398 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Pacifica Hybrid - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
90 day: 85.85 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,460 Times in 3,426 Posts
Heh, early on I was poo-pooing the company for the reasons that are obvious, and saying it would be foolish to invest in them... then I ignored my own advice and bought some shares when they were "low". I figured it would tank, but was betting on another rally before then.

Same thing for Bitcoin. It will be worth zero at some point, but it could go to the moon several more times before then.

Let's get on a forum and Gamestop the stock!

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 09-22-2023, 02:50 PM   #1399 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I've got a call in to my source, we'll see -- he's pretty busy.

Wikipedia is no help, they're one CEO behind.

I tried looking for the newest model, https://duckduckgo.com/?q=arcimoto+muv+keg and there is a whole page of results like these:
Quote:
https://www.globenewswire.com › news-release › 2023 › 09 › 21 › 2747289 › 0 › en › Arcimoto-Enters-into-Contract-Manufacturing-Agreement-with-MOBIUS-energy-to-Build-Battery-Packs-for-the-Aviation-Market.html
Arcimoto Enters into Contract Manufacturing Agreement with - GlobeNewswire
1 day agoEUGENE, Ore., Sept. 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Arcimoto, Inc. ® (NASDAQ: FUV), makers of rightsized, ultra-efficient small footprint electric vehicles for moving people and things, today...

https://seekingalpha.com › news › 4014193-arcimoto-inks-deal-to-build-battery-packs-for-the-aviation-market
Arcimoto inks deal to build battery packs for the aviation market
1 day agoNikada. Arcimoto ( NASDAQ: FUV) announced on Thursday that it has entered into a contract manufacturing agreement with energy technology company MOBIUS.energy Corporation to enhance the charging...
Possibly fell out of that show and tell in San Diego.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (09-23-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 06:55 PM   #1400 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I drove past the AMP and through the RAMP today (no-one tried to stop me). It was very quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDG
Embattled Oregon company again faces Nasdaq delisting threat
The Business Journals|1 day ago
Arcimoto revealed the Nasdaq notice in a securities filing on Monday, a day its stock fell nearly 4% to close at 63 cents. The stock is down 81% since the end of last year, 95% in the past 12 months and 99.9% since it hit an all-time split-adjusted high of 733 on Feb. 4, 2021.

Arcimoto got a quorum, but whether it pulled in $2.1M is murky
The Business Journals|6 days ago
A week after falling short of a quorum, enough voting power showed up in person or by proxy last Friday to overwhelmingly approve a stock issuance needed to complete a two-tranche private placement that dates back to August, according to an Arcimoto securities filing.

Arcimoto Inc - Tie Rod Separation
USA Today|13 days ago
Arcimoto Inc. (Arcimoto) is recalling certain 2023 FUV and MUV hybrid electric motorcycles. There may be insufficient thread engagement between the inner and outer tie rods, possibly resulting in the separation of the tie rod assembly.

'Doing this sale-leaseback unencumbers us,' Arcimoto selling its main manufacturing plant
MSN|64 days ago
Eugene-based Arcimoto is selling its main manufacturing hub on 311 Chambers Street, two-and-a-half years after purchasing the property for more than $10 million. Chris Dawson, who was named CEO of ...
It looks like the flood-damaged FUV are down to four. I need one to EV the Superbeetle.

Reply  Post New Thread