View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 07:36 PM   #201 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I keep wondering if this is a pendulum thing. Maybe people will realize they actually offroad never, and don't need high ground clearance. Maybe they will get into a sedan and realize they actually like good handling characteristics, and that it's more fun to have a vehicle that handles well.

My Acura TSX feels like a go-kart every time I drive it because I've been habituated to very poorly handling, tall vehicles.

It amazes me when people say the Prius handles poorly. Compared to what, a Civic Si? It handles better than every CUV and SUV.

All that said, I'll never own anything with a trunk again. I've got no use for a trunk, but endless need of a large cargo area accessible in the passenger compartment.
Being an ex school bus driver and knowing people who've been ran over by SUV's and pickups, it bothers me that you can't see in front of those kinds of vehicles very well.

Today we went on a back road in the Avalon and there were some tall rocks and deep ruts. However, it was pretty easy to avoid them as I can see what's right in front of the car fairly well.

If I ever get a crossover I'm going to put crossover mirrors on the front like a school bus has. After all, the name indicates they should go on a crossover.