View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 02:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
CapriRacer
Tire Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff88 View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking at new tires and unfortunately the specs available are just not that great to compare which tire is most efficient. I know LRR is the big spec to effect efficiency, but it seems weight is the only spec I can find and even that is difficult as I have to really dive into the Google to find it.

Is there a way to compare which tire is more efficient? I know they measure LRR in kg/t, but that spec is just not provided anywhere.

If it helps, I'm looking at a 265/70R17 tire although the width and height are subject to change depending on what's available.
Jeff,

Here's a link to an earlier discussion I started concerning RR regulations.

Ecomodder.com:
Tire Fuel Efficiency Consumer Information thread

There has been some movement since the last entry: California published a proposed regulation that was unworkable. Part of the proposal was a database listing the rolling resistance of every tire sold in California. They are now in discussions with the US Tire Manufacturers Association about how to make it workable.

In the meantime, NHTSA has another new date for publication of their proposed regulation: Dec, 2023. I think they won't publish anything this time either, just they have since 2010!

But I found a database of EU labels:

Barry's Tire Tech: EU Tire Label Database

This database supposedly was last updated in 2021. I don't know how complete it was even back then.

Visit my website: www.BarrysTireTech.com
New Content every month!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CapriRacer For This Useful Post:
Ecky (10-19-2023), jeff88 (10-16-2023)