View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Peter B
EcoModding Lurker

new member: questions 'bout '90 Acura Integra

Hi everyone,
I stumbled upon this very interesting web site just a few days ago, and thought I'd join. I've already read a bunch of interesting threads in the various forums.
Here's my deal: I have a completely stock and unmodified '90 Acura Integra 2-door that I've owned almost 10 years. I've always kept careful track of the mpg, just out of curiousity, not because I'm a hypermiler or anything like that. For the 280 or so tanks of gas I've put in the car, it has achieved an overall average of just over 32 mpg. Pretty good, I'd say, for a not-so-lightweight car. On the highway, cruising at 65, this car gets high 30's and has flirted with 40 mpg on many tanks. I've had about 6 or 7 40+ mpg tanks, with an all-time best tank at nearly 42 mpg.
So... this got me to thinking. I bet I could give my mpg figures a bump with some aero mods. (I think aero mods would be about all I'd want to do on this car due to it's age and high mileage).
If anyone cares to offer an opinion, what sort of boost do you think a full belly pan, rear wheel skirts, grill block, and rear-wiper delete might give this car's mpg figures? (Sorry, but I'm keeping my mirrors!) I would consider doing this if I could scrounge the materials for cheap or free. Any insight or opinions would be welcome. Thanks, and keep up the good work with all your cars!
--Peter