View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 08:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
Andyinchville1
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MustangFTW View Post
Had to google that one... never knew thats what those bumpers were called looks like I could get the oem covers for cheap, but I think I can get creative with some sheetmetal and rivets for free since I already have those laying around.
Also, what do the aero experts here think of that lower lip? Can I take it off, or maybe replace it with something with a bit more clearance? It was already broken and zip tied together when I got the car and it keeps scraping on certain driveways because of how low the car sits.
Who all do you deliver for / to ?

If Business to business maybe not too big of an issue BUT if going to residential
I'd recommend getting a skid plate to use in lieu of the factory plastic undertray for oil pan protection .... MK IV jettas sit low and a rock etc can take out an oil pan and ruin a day quick (happened to a friend of mine with a TDI MK IV Wagon twice !) ... the under tray (plastic factory OR aftermarket skidplate (usually aluminum ) is supposed to help with aero too .... have at least 1 (either or) but I would recommend the skid plate... skid plate stiffens up the front end to ... i can't recall which one i have but can try to look it up)....