Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2024, 08:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MustangFTW View Post
Had to google that one... never knew thats what those bumpers were called looks like I could get the oem covers for cheap, but I think I can get creative with some sheetmetal and rivets for free since I already have those laying around.
Also, what do the aero experts here think of that lower lip? Can I take it off, or maybe replace it with something with a bit more clearance? It was already broken and zip tied together when I got the car and it keeps scraping on certain driveways because of how low the car sits.
Who all do you deliver for / to ?

If Business to business maybe not too big of an issue BUT if going to residential
I'd recommend getting a skid plate to use in lieu of the factory plastic undertray for oil pan protection .... MK IV jettas sit low and a rock etc can take out an oil pan and ruin a day quick (happened to a friend of mine with a TDI MK IV Wagon twice !) ... the under tray (plastic factory OR aftermarket skidplate (usually aluminum ) is supposed to help with aero too .... have at least 1 (either or) but I would recommend the skid plate... skid plate stiffens up the front end to ... i can't recall which one i have but can try to look it up)....

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-10-2024, 09:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Wagon - '02 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon GLS

Brick - '19 Nissan Frontier S
Yup, I do residential deliveries. Previous owner lowered the car, I scrape the front bumper all the time. Ive learned which driveways to avoid. My car is missing the plastic skid tray, wheel well liners are also either shredded or missing lol. I may take your advice and get a real skid plate. The trans pan is already scuffed.

Anyway, I've ordered more goodies for the car. At some point when I get the motivation I'll post a proper update with pics and everything I've done since I was on here last.

Reply  Post New Thread