View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
' skirts '

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinTransit View Post
After installing a set of 19'' wheels on 245/40/r19 tires.. there are tucked in under the fender edges, but because of how the Connect van body is shaped (inward at the bottom) the tires are sticking out. Plus adding that size of wheel/tire has lifted the van up.. thats almost a 8-10 gab under the van and not very desirable. So I'm considering some sort of side skirts for the van. Don't want these things sticking out like a sore thumb so maybe tuck them under the van and mounted on the pinch seam.

Plus with the front of the van tilted up because we've lowered the rear, I don't want to install lowering springs on the front, but will have to consider a splitter.
You may observe that contemporary cars have rocker panels which are essentially 'even' with the outer surface of the front and rear wheels, providing a contiguous flow surface down the sides, nose-to-tail.
Their ground clearance is equal to that of the front airdam.
And typically, they're lower surface is 'parallel' to the ground.
I can't advise you on the 'splitter' other than that, splitters are usually associated with 'induced-drag', and not mpg, range, or efficiency.