View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 10:35 PM   #370 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,404 Times in 3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Your assertion deserves a link [think of the lurkers]
You think we've got lurkers (beyond Piotrsko)? I thought this was our thread. I purposely titled the thread as an inside joke.

Anyhow, George Hotz is top of my list of who I'd want to have a beer with, excepting present company.

He's a first-principles thinker like Elon, but Elon's ego only goes to 10, while George's goes to 11. I enjoy personality types that assert things without needless fluff, because they accept fluff-free responses and incorporate that into their framework. It's efficiency meets interesting.

Regarding SA, I mostly align with his basic conception of things. Among my main disagreements is the culpability of the "seller". Supply is only half of the market, with demand making up the other half. Placing 100% culpability on the supply side misses the other half. Folks "addicted" to supplying a product are at least as vulnerable to responding to stimulus as folks addicted to the product. Tangentially, US law views "aiding and abetting" as equal to committing the crime itself. It recognizes that it takes two to tango.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 02-26-2024 at 10:42 PM..