View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:14 AM   #853 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
' Teslas '

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
Exactly. Whenever I’m doing mods, even if they are minor or look dumb, I always ask “ even if I can’t tell if my mpg is getting better, is this mod increasing drag? “. As long as drag doesn’t increase I continue.

I’m surprised more people aren’t aeromodding teslas. Electric cars are more sensitive to drag and range anxiety is real.
1) Those who own homes will charge at home, 50-weeks out of the year, and in daily commuting they'll always have range 'over-capacity.'
2) The only time range is an issue is, on out-of-town, holiday road trips, for two weeks.
3) With 'a better route planner', they can charge while taking a bathroom / coffee/ snack/ meal - break / or shopping etc..
4) Between Denton, Texas and California's West Coast, I saw mostly Tesla BEVs, and they were all doing 75-mph on I -40.I don't think range was an issue for them.
5) AeroStealth and his wife drove the Chevy Bolt that I've purchased, from Radium Springs, NM, to San Diego, California and back, no problem.
6) It's true that you can't drive 'mindlessly', like with gas or diesel, but it doesn't seem to be a hardship. Just time charge sessions to coincide when you'd already be taking a break from driving.
7) The BOLT will do 300-miles on charge if one is 'trying'.
8) My round trip today will be 14-miles.