View Single Post
Old 04-03-2024, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Isaac Zachary
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
I’m attempting to get back on here and update any old threads. My life had gotten *very* complicated and *very* depressing for a long time and a lot has changed. Sadly, the AeroCivic is no longer with us. In July of last year I was driving home from work and making a left turn when someone texting and driving rear ended me going approximately 45mph, destroying the back of the car. Did all of my due diligence and found a shop that was willing to help me fix it but insurance was absolutely not having any part in paying for repairs on a car with 625,626 miles… I cried knowing that I couldn’t do anything at that point to save it…

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that. I adored the AeroCivic and will always want a car like it. Then I come to this forum and get recommendations like the 30mpg Chevy Trax. Yuck!

I'm also at a loss today as now I can't even get my Prius to start. It needs too many things to be roadworthy, and sadly I've already paid for a lot of it and done quite a bit of work but I still have too much more to go.
  • I have no idea why it won't start, but it's been developing many electrical problems. The dash no longer shows anything, now the infotainment center is dead and I can't even use the heater or A/C. Plus the 12V battery keeps going dead, and it's a pain to disconnect and reconnect.
  • That and it really needs an HV battery, new engine, windshield and a Californian compliant catalytic converter if I want to be able to drive it on the street.
  • So much for getting the headlights working and putting on another bumper, fender and hood, 12V battery and front wheel bearings as well as taking the HV battery appart and replacing modules to get it to run.