Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2022, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Righteous Imaginarian

Champrius v3.2 - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 58.73 mpg (US)
Question Pics pretty please, with sugar on top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
So I my up with Ecky over last weekend and took delivery of this wonderful car which I’m referring to as “the Excalibur of hypermiling”. So far I’ve done nothing further than put miles on it and get it registered, but there are a lot of projects I plan to undertake to help bring her to her former glory and maybe beyond!
Howdy 19!

I was wondering if I could ask a favor. I'm currently designing a new nose to Champrius (my modded Gen II Prius) and the biggest unknown to me is how to do the air inlet that leads to the radiator. Since I've always gotten inspiration from the Aerocivic, I was wondering how basjoos designed his inlet.

Would it be possible to take some pics of the tip of the nose? Some measurements would also be useful, as well as a description if you have the time.

My current thinking is to have a rectangular area 24" by 3" open at the nose tip (which is the width of my radiator x the max airflow I need under load). Then some interior ducting to force airflow through the radiator, and some exterior aero to make the rest of the shape like the nose of an airplane wing, slightly slanted.

Thanks a bunch!

and ask in depth questions here:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post669277

The goal is 70 mpg this time around.

Stats from Champrius v3.2:
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread