Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2022, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Righteous Imaginarian

Champrius v3.2 - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 58.73 mpg (US)
Question Pics pretty please, with sugar on top?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
So I my up with Ecky over last weekend and took delivery of this wonderful car which I’m referring to as “the Excalibur of hypermiling”. So far I’ve done nothing further than put miles on it and get it registered, but there are a lot of projects I plan to undertake to help bring her to her former glory and maybe beyond!
Howdy 19!

I was wondering if I could ask a favor. I'm currently designing a new nose to Champrius (my modded Gen II Prius) and the biggest unknown to me is how to do the air inlet that leads to the radiator. Since I've always gotten inspiration from the Aerocivic, I was wondering how basjoos designed his inlet.

Would it be possible to take some pics of the tip of the nose? Some measurements would also be useful, as well as a description if you have the time.

My current thinking is to have a rectangular area 24" by 3" open at the nose tip (which is the width of my radiator x the max airflow I need under load). Then some interior ducting to force airflow through the radiator, and some exterior aero to make the rest of the shape like the nose of an airplane wing, slightly slanted.

Thanks a bunch!

and ask in depth questions here:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post669277

The goal is 70 mpg this time around.

Stats from Champrius v3.2:
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-03-2024, 04:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
I’m attempting to get back on here and update any old threads. My life had gotten *very* complicated and *very* depressing for a long time and a lot has changed. Sadly, the AeroCivic is no longer with us. In July of last year I was driving home from work and making a left turn when someone texting and driving rear ended me going approximately 45mph, destroying the back of the car. Did all of my due diligence and found a shop that was willing to help me fix it but insurance was absolutely not having any part in paying for repairs on a car with 625,626 miles… I cried knowing that I couldn’t do anything at that point to save it…

My last Ecotec project...
Old 04-03-2024, 01:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,836 Times in 7,292 Posts
Sad news indeed.

When my Type III Squareback was rear-ended, I knew it was gone the moment the insurance adjuster walked around and looked at the other side of the car.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
I fought for a couple weeks, to the point of losing the job I had (they pulled my rental the moment they even thought about a total loss in order to pressure me to make a decision). You couldn’t even buy an EG hatch roller for what they offered but the only way they’d have taken a higher valuation would be same year, make, model, and sub model for sale within 30 miles with similar mileage on the odometer. Just wasn’t happening. Custom car or not they only seen it as a 1992 Honda with 625K miles…

Old 04-03-2024, 05:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
High Altitude Hybrid

Avalon - '13 Toyota Avalon HV
90 day: 40.45 mpg (US)

Prius - '06 Toyota Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
I’m attempting to get back on here and update any old threads. My life had gotten *very* complicated and *very* depressing for a long time and a lot has changed. Sadly, the AeroCivic is no longer with us. In July of last year I was driving home from work and making a left turn when someone texting and driving rear ended me going approximately 45mph, destroying the back of the car. Did all of my due diligence and found a shop that was willing to help me fix it but insurance was absolutely not having any part in paying for repairs on a car with 625,626 miles… I cried knowing that I couldn’t do anything at that point to save it…

Oh man! I'm so sorry to hear that. I adored the AeroCivic and will always want a car like it. Then I come to this forum and get recommendations like the 30mpg Chevy Trax. Yuck!

I'm also at a loss today as now I can't even get my Prius to start. It needs too many things to be roadworthy, and sadly I've already paid for a lot of it and done quite a bit of work but I still have too much more to go.
  • I have no idea why it won't start, but it's been developing many electrical problems. The dash no longer shows anything, now the infotainment center is dead and I can't even use the heater or A/C. Plus the 12V battery keeps going dead, and it's a pain to disconnect and reconnect.
  • That and it really needs an HV battery, new engine, windshield and a Californian compliant catalytic converter if I want to be able to drive it on the street.
  • So much for getting the headlights working and putting on another bumper, fender and hood, 12V battery and front wheel bearings as well as taking the HV battery appart and replacing modules to get it to run.
Old 04-05-2024, 01:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
Realistically with the direction my life was headed in I was coming up on needing to find the AeroCivic a home and I ended up getting more from it being written off then I’d have likely sold it for, but it’s not how I wanted that story to end, ya know?

Reply  Post New Thread