View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jim Allen
5.4L Econo Box

Plugger - '05 Ford F-150HD 4x4 XL
chuckm: Interesting (in a disappointing way, of course), that yours was off about 6 percent. I guess we better get used to it. The "wave" of the future, I guess ( : < ( I did some looking and every brand of fuel I checked around here is E10. Some are E-15. Small wonder. Two ethanol plants nearby. If I wanted to set up another farm tank (I have one for my diesel tractors), I can get straight gas from my fuel supplier. Might not be such a bad idea, except that it would go stale pretty fast. They won't come out for less than a 100 gallon delivery and they whine about that. That's about two-plus months of driving for us with the pickup and the car. Maybe more.

ankit: Alas, no subsidy and no apparent reduction in price. I don't see government subsidies as any gain because, ultimately, it comes out of mine, or someone else's, pocket anyway. Somehow, some way. Everyone should pay their own freight as much as possible.

My ultimate goal is not necessarily the highest mpg but to make my trucks more efficient configured as I need them.

Old Reliable '86 Ford F-250HD 4x4, 6.9L diesel

Red '00 Honda Accord Coupe, 3.0L V6, automatic

The Plugger '05 Ford F-150HD 4x4, Regular Cab, 8-ft bed, 8,200# GVW, 5.4L V8, automatic, 4.10:1 ratios, 285/70R-17D tires