View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 12:10 PM   #445 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
There's a handful of topics that SA has a BSC (listeners would know the acronym) take. Sometimes I think he's just trying to shake the box to see what happens.

His claim is that truth is subjective... which is a truth claim. It defeats itself in the same breath. Then he goes on trying to convince people by giving examples of how people can't agree on subjective topics. "Apples are better than bananas... see truth is subjective"!

Somehow he tried to connect that with free will being an illusion, which is correct (and also a truth statement).

My guess is he doesn't actually believe there is no objective truth, but just wanted to stir things up.

There is only 1 type of person that I'll not waste any time conversing with, and that is those who don't believe in truth. Using that as an excuse to behave dishonestly is worthy of contempt, and nobody should waste their time with those individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Happy to help.
Do you think our co-conspirator will find where I said :"self-selected recipient"? What do you think of the idea? I think it's a win-win-win. Everyone would be better off.
As far as entertaining utter nonsense is concerned, it's the most rational solution to a fictional problem. If we must tilt at windmills though, best to stage that activity elsewhere so the serious people can focus on problems that actually exist today.

I'd be tempted to self-select if I were a young single man. Starting out with seed money to innovate in land that merely needs to copy/paste successful templates sounds like quite an exciting adventure.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!