View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 09:00 PM   #449 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic View Post
Can redpoint act as a translator and/or can freebeard post something that's straightforward?
freebeard's style is bespoke aphorism, which continually confuses me too. His last post was the most straightforward response I've seen though.

Repatriated self-selecting reparation recipients is the ideal solution because it mitigates the many serious problems with such a concept.

For example, it solves the problem of working out the relatively few who are descended of slavery from the many who freely immigrated. It works by completely ignoring that problem, and allowing anyone to opt in to the opportunity. If one believes they are descended of slavery (or are willing to lie about it), then they can choose reparations.

It solves the problem of perpetual dissatisfaction from takers by relocating them to another country, who can inherit that problem.

The relatively poor country is happy to deal with dissatisfied takers because they at least have money to spend.

A few of the opportunists will wisely invest the reparations to benefit not only themselves, but their community, which is in more need of investment than better off communities.

So, the win-win-win is:

1. the people who believe the US is the worst and are owed, get help leaving with funds

2. those who want the best for the US get to shed some portion of the dissatisfied, misplaced takers

3. poor countries get an injection of wealth, and (somewhat) educated people as citizens.

As I stated, I'd be very likely to accept such a deal if I were a young single person. The only remaining difficulty is to work out where us mutts get repatriated.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-22-2024 at 12:25 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-19-2024)