View Single Post
Old 05-26-2024, 11:40 AM   #592 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,416 Times in 3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Show us on the doll where 'art' hurt you.

I thought scanning and 3D printing the heads was an interesting hack. I watched (so far) with sound off and subtitles on while I was listening to something else.
Art has wasted countless hours of my time, especially the most valuable early years. There's nothing interesting about haiku, yet I was forced to do it anyhow.

I've got an engineering mind, so my perspective is that form should follow function. Furthermore, the functionality of the world depends on engineering, not art. For example, if a vehicle works well but looks terrible, it serves the function of transport, but if a vehicle looks awesome but doesn't work, it's useless.

Then there's the fact that 99% of art is boring and not good. If someone painted the Mona Lisa and gave it to me as a gift, I'd thank that person and then store it along with other papers I'm never going to look at again... and that's the best of art. The best of art is junk I'd never want to look at again.

I managed to have some school art project featured in the Bush Park art exhibit every year. It was almost always some clay piece. If I'm being forced to "be creative", clay is more interesting (which probably explains why the video appeals to me despite my disdain for art).

The listening is the entertaining part, because comedy relies heavily on delivery.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!