View Single Post
Old 05-28-2024, 03:22 PM   #1453 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,333 Times in 4,740 Posts
Central America & Mexico 'cooking'

Yesterday, the Heat-Index in Mexico City, Mexico, was 125-F. Temperatures in this region are the highest in recorded history, which is a 'LONG' time span, considering the Spanish occupation, and meticulous record-keeping.
There's a heat-dome parked over the region, and it's affecting the amount of 'fuel' feeding super-cell production, and their tornadoes, like the one that killed neighbors to the north Saturday.
The Hurricane Prediction Center has taken the historic North Atlantic, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico sea surface temperatures ,due to global-warming, into account for the 2024 season, and models show the highest number of named storms in history ( 25 ) for the period, starting in June.
By this morning, we'd already experienced a 'year's worth of rain. About the time it dries up enough to work outdoors, another thunderstorm come by.
The BOLT is parked on wood cribbing, above a pool of water, which would ultimately become the 'pit' from which I could fabricate its belly pan. The house is wet. Tiger-striped mosquitos are fat and sassy! Dengue Fever has been added to my 'bucket list.'
Neighbor's kid up the road has succeeded in about 6-mpg with his F-250. 'Rolls coal' and burns rubber wherever he's at.
Leaves me with a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Last edited by aerohead; 05-28-2024 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: add data