View Single Post
Old 06-13-2024, 11:29 AM   #1485 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,255 Times in 4,675 Posts
' ideal warmth '

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I believe that is the most probable outcome as well. There's no IPCC projections showing that to lead to Venus warming though. All scientific opinions on what the ideal temperature would be are specific to their area of expertise. For instance, an entomologist will have a different answer for the ideal global temperature based on what they know of malaria-carrying mosquito habitats. That opinion ignores a holistic view.

I'm always asking, and never getting an answer to my question;

Considering that humanity has flourished tremendously due to continual warming from the depths of the current ice age, at what point in time is the ideal warmth level for human flourishing?

So far, every measure of human flourishing suggests we haven't surpassed the ideal warmth level yet.
The climate scientists would probably tell you that the ideal atmospheric greenhouse gas concentration would be the question you should be asking about.
Everything on Earth evolved for the atmosphere which existed around 150-years ago. That would be today's target.
I don't know what 'human flourishing' means. It's never mentioned in the media.
I must suppose that you've cut yourself off from all reliable, bona-fide information sources which might have informed your worldview.