View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 12:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 39.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,555 Times in 1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
"Backseats" but how usable? Haven't sat in a CR-Z but if the size is anything similar to an Insight I can't imagine fitting anyone back there unless the two people sitting up front are 5' tall max with both their seats moved forward a lot.
With the front seats all the way back, leg room is zero, but that was true of many Japanese vehicles from the 80's and 90's. Heck, the 90's Civic I got my license in was only 2-3 inches different than a CR-Z, and I expect that's because the front seats didn't go as far back, rather than there being less room. There are other 2+2 vehicles on the road today which are also similar. See the Toyota GR86:

Put it this way - at 5'6", I could sit behind someone my own size in the driver's seat. Headroom would be minimal but I could sit upright.

The seats would be acceptable for children, or for transporting extra medium-sized or smaller people for medium to short distances. A family sedan it is not, but the seats aren't unusable, especially for your typical Japanese sized family (read: one point three children, small adults).