View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 08:05 PM   #47 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Saving the world with $88,000

Nothing worked right when I needed more student loans and then I accidentally accepted all of them--and then couldn't get the money for 3 months.

I don't know how much I actually accepted and how much I actually got, but on top of charging 8% interest starting when I was approved, 90 days before I was able to spend any of it, they charged the equivalent of about 6 months interest to generate the loan.

I haven't specifically done anything with it.

I haven't bought another car, drivable or not, and I haven't bought another computer.

Did I post about video cards?

I bought a used adapter off eBay and it started dying, worse than my original 8-year-old hardware, after a few months, so I bought a $30 card, which was slower than my original card, and then a brand-new card from Dell for $162.

I forget how much I paid for the one off eBay, but I paid for a warranty, and they refunded most of what I paid.

For some reason my SSD doesn't show up in BIOS, so I need to keep my original HD disconnected until I figure out that.

I recorded myself working on the 2002 Civic, so I would like to keep that, just not on the SSD, and maybe at some point I can play a game before returning to school, but for now I don't have the free space to see what my new card can do.

I have been using PerformanceTest and pushed the big button to have it test everything instead of pushing the buttons for 2d and 3d tests.

It is weird how much everything else varied between tests, so I wonder how many times you should run a test for it to be scientific.

I haven't been back to Show Low for months, I still needed to complete some things after passing my classes--and still need to do some of them--but while we had wanted to renew our lease, the owner decided to rent to family.

Do you think they will replace the water heater and the toilet for family or make them suffer, too?

It took a while to find a place and I really couldn't look while in school.

We finally found a house in Chandler, larger than our current one, and much closer to my wife's work.

I can't imagine Mom voluntarily getting rid of enough stuff to fit in the larger house and I am tired of parking in the driveway as hot as it gets here, but there isn't an HOA, and I instantly found sheds for $320.

The backyard is pretty small and the previous tenant set it up with tons of raised gardens, so even less space is available for a shed; I would put one right in the middle of the back yard.

We are supposed to move on Saturday.

Allegedly, we have help coming, I just don't have any idea how much we will have ready, but we have a week to move.

I asked Mom if I could just take her wardrobe boxes straight to donate and she acted like that was absolutely unreasonable--and then I needed to push and prod, beg and plead to get her to go through them.

She wants me to donate two that are full of coats and jackets in Show Low and gave me permission to donate 2 more here.

She also emptied 2 more into normal boxes for some reason.

I have two boxes of kitchen stuff that Mom graciously agreed to donate (because she already replaced it with nicer stuff) and another box of stuff that Mom insists on keeping even though we don't have room here or at the new house.

I have run 3 loads of stuff she wants to keep, so I need to donate what I can, return the van, finally get my car after a few days, and box up everything in the dishwasher.

I am just going to box up everything in the kitchen.

She keeps talking about her friend having everything ready for her recent move, so it was super quick and easy.

Mom isn't doing much to get ready, but she is helping somewhat.

My wife and I are doing most of the work, but my wife needed emergency surgery a week ago, so she is spending much of the time resting--and a bit of my student loans covered the surgery.

We don't know when she will be able to return to work, so my student loans will be covering her time off, too.
freebeard (06-20-2024)