View Single Post
Old 07-01-2024, 03:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,422 Times in 3,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zachary View Post
It seems that the majority of people have this concept that they need a tall, boxy SUV (or crossover, but everyone calls them all SUV's) or a pickup that guzzles lots of gas in order to fit into society.
I prefer putting kids into a taller vehicle than a shorter one. I prefer putting any object(s) into taller vehicles. They are easier to get into and out of. That said, I am perfectly willing to put in more effort to do those things in a lower vehicle, but most people aren't.

I'm not willing to have a trunk anymore. A hatch is so much more useful that aero penalties are worth it.

What gets me is how many vehicles are very large, but still can't fit 3 car seats in the back.

Shopping 3-row EVs, the only options were Model Y, Model X, and recently the EV9, oh, and the Rivian... all are super expensive, so I got the least costly among them, and Tesla apparently has stopped making the Y with the 3rd row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
During our black-ice events, about all you see, upside-down in the bar ditches besides the road, are the CUVs, SUVs. and 'off-road' pickups the television ads purport to be unconquerable in foul weather.
I'll reiterate your point by mentioning that when it snows 1" here, everyone drives their RWD pickup truck with mud tires instead of their FWD CUV, which at least has all season tires and more even weight distribution.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (07-03-2024)