View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
This weekend was crazy. Usually heading north on Friday, theyve mostly dissipated by 10PM. Not this time, they just kept on a coming. But it was different than summer. There were very few high end cars, and I only saw one Illinois plate all weekend. It was all Michigan drivers, nearly every one of them towing a camper, boat, or trailer with ATVs, or ATVs in the back of a pickup, or a minivan with a cartop carrier. And they werent going so fast. Looks like everyone who couldnt afford to take the family out all summer decided to do it this weekend now they can afford it. Crappy rain/snow mix weather didnt seem to matter. Lots of combos that use a lot of gas.

Coming back Sunday night, I figured Id top off the tank at the usual station in Fife Lake. Couldnt figure out why the pump wouldnt work, then I checked another pump. Turns out they were bone dry on both regular and midgrade. Unfortunately I already put in my acetone and reset the guino, but I just headed home. Didnt check and see if anybody else was out of gas.

Ill fill up here locally in the next day or two for more $$$. I also noticed that I got my worst mpg lately going to work this morning (29), despite not having to scrape ice, so maybe its the high concentration of acetone. Or maybe not. Ill get my numbers straight at the next fillup.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver