View Single Post
Old 07-12-2024, 01:53 AM   #35 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Checking accounts generally don’t pay interest.

I signed up for one that did, but the card didn’t arrive, and they didn’t let me get the deal.

My brother has a weird obsession with exiting the door he entered, and everything that enters the car exiting through the same door or window, which we somehow always forget.

We bought my wife a frozen lemonade from Salad and Go, which wasn’t frozen at all.

When we finally returned home, I went to open the front door before helping unload the car, my brother put my wife’s lemonade on the center console, and I don’t know whether it fell on its own or Mom knocked it over while doing the Peasant Chicken Dance, which I am too rich to understand, but regardless, it fell on the floor, spilling everywhere.

I had my brother try to mop up the liquid with old hand towels. put them and the carpet and Motor Trend floormats, whatever good they are, in the garbage can I bought, and soaked them:

They are all right in the front, but altogether too small in the back, and none of them stay put, but I guess they are worth $30.

I have been in one or more Ubers with floormats that seemed specifically designed to fit perfectly, and they went up the sides of the car, not just sitting on the floor itself, so they should have caught much more of the spills.

I don't know how many times my family has spilled drinks in my car.
I am sure that I have done it from time to time also, but not a full drink completely emptied on the floor.

Usually red.

I have always been able to get it out and have been able to get out most other stains, but it can take a long time.

This would be the perfect time to spray the blue Dawn and hydrogen peroxide mix, scrub it down, vacuum, rinse, and repeat until it comes out clean, but my shop vac is in Show Low, and I don't have the time.

I don't like driving dirty cars.

This is the $30 Motor Trend ones:

I don't know why spills seem much more common in the back seat, but there are two styles of WeatherTech mats. I would rather have this one, it doesn't seem to go as high on the sides, but covers more under the seats. However, that seems designed for Camries with power front passenger seats, and mine is manual:

I was tempted to buy them, although $202 seemed excessive.

I couldn't find other floormats specifically designed for my car, just generic ones, and those aren't going to protect as well.

I kept thinking that I was better off just removing stains periodically, but I was about to order it to save myself time in the future when I saw that the $202 floormats don't have free shipping like the $30 ones do, they charge $18, plus $17 tax.

$237.06 for floormats!

I only spent $250 for my second Accord!

I tried using my three add-ons for finding deals, but they didn't do anything, so I did it the old-fashioned way--but there isn't anywhere to enter a coupon code.

Supposedly, there are codes for resellers, but the only one that worked was 15% off at eBay.

Still $88.12 for one floor mat for the back seats, but hopefully it will help.

Now I need to figure out what is wrong with my laptop, but I am pretty sure that I will order a new one so I don't have a problem during my last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	34872   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	34873   Click image for larger version

Name:	71Lzg0+D0TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	24