Thread: Car #10
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2024, 08:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
I, for one, welcome my new A.I. notetaking overlord.

I see multiple places that I mentioned that my second year is through Zoom, which transcribes if we request it, but I swear that I mentioned wanting to strip the timestamp from the transcripts to make it easier to read.

It seems like each time the speaker pauses it gives a new time stamp.

Everyone knows how William Shatner performed Captain Kirk, but I can't find examples on-line, I just see people referring to it when someone uses an unusual amount of commas.

This says that Shatner originally spoke that way because he was nervous and had difficulty remembering his lines, but when he returned for the movies, he needed to watch the show to relearn how to deliver his lines: https://heavy.com/entertainment/star...ch-style-fake/

I always remember a cartoon from when I was a kid with a Kirk parody saying "Set phasers to shake and bake," but there were pauses after each word, so it was more like "Set, phasers, to, shake, and, bake."

Zoom would transcribe it as:
Quote:
[The Enterprise] 16:00:00
Set

[The Enterprise] 16:00:01
phasers

[The Enterprise] 16:00:02
to

[The Enterprise] 16:00:03
shake

[The Enterprise] 16:00:04
and

[The Enterprise] 16:00:05
bake
I found the page I saw before (and swear that I shared here) about using Notepad++ to strip timestamps, but it doesn't work.

She mentioned using another program, which I will try later, but I had over 6 pages from a little over 20 minutes.

There are many errors in it, too.

Either I need a vastly better transcriber or I need to record video.

We are prohibited from recording video.

Do you care?

Plus, my eyes really don't want to focus anymore.

I constantly need to move my head to adjust my progressive bifocals to focus my eyes.

[edit: Wildcards work. I swear that I tried this before and Word gave me an error, but searching and destroying ??:??:?? eliminated 821 annoyances.
edit2: I highlighted each section that was just my professor talking and used search and replace to remove the rest of the name tags. Then when a classmate talked, I searched and destroyed all of the name tags except the first one.

The professor said she was putting us in breakout rooms and I hoped to be able to figure out what was going on without bothering anyone too much, but nobody else joined, so I downloaded everything for today, and read a bunch of it before the professor hopped in and said that she put us in our groups for a project, but nobody wanted to work with me, so she was going to talk to my classmates.

I haven't heard back, so I guess she couldn't persuade anything, and I need to solo a group project--again.

Unfortunately, I forgot to save the transcript, and it didn't save automatically.

I lost the last hour and 13 minutes of a 3-hour class.

That's pretty wizard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qq85lsav8lr61.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	34935  

Last edited by Xist; 07-23-2024 at 10:46 PM..