View Single Post
Old 08-08-2024, 12:06 PM   #1546 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,732 Posts
' ions '

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Journalists, am I right? What did you think of the paper? It went right over my head.

A free proton would be a Hydrogen ion. A free electron would not IMHO be an ion.

At least you're consistent. I would assert that solar radiation provides a baseline that the human contribution modulates.
1) The cation/anions are associated with garden variety chemistry, rather than atmospheric/solar wind/cosmic radiation events.
2) A free proton is a hydrogen 'nucleus', and because it has a charge, it is an ion.
3) The free electron is from the solar wind, originally from some atom in the corona, that was disassociated due to the intense heat; and because it has charge, it's an ion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) The solar insolation striking Earth 'IS' responsible for earth's original, pre-industrial revolution climate. 'THAT' would be the 'baseline' from which today's climate is compared.
5) Today's climate is an artifact of man's anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions since around 1850, and the parts per million per volume-equivalency concentration of carbon dioxide in the troposphere, where the 'climate' is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never found a 'paper', only what you had boxed in in the permalink.

Last edited by aerohead; 08-08-2024 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: add comment