View Single Post
Old 08-19-2024, 11:58 AM   #1588 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD

Van - '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Thanked 4,458 Times in 3,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Did they have any ' insightful' data that would allow the reader to comprehend the plausibility of their claim?
The only figure offered was an average bill increase of 35%.

I learned the acronym CPP stands for Oregon's Climate Protection Program. It must involve some sort of dome that isolates our atmosphere from the rest of the world, as you pointed out the ability of pollution to rapidly travel.

The other acronym is CCI which stands for Community Climate Investment. The extra cash from consumers paying 35% more than necessary to energize their homes will go to non-profits who "will use the proceeds from these CCI sales to help fund various projects that could - but are not required to - result in emissions reductions at some point in the future".

"Is CCI the same as a carbon offset?

No. With carbon offsets, there are well-documented international standards and protocols to guarantee that an offset results in projects that measurably lower emissions.

By comparison, in its carbon accounting, DEQ will include CCIs as emissions savings even if a project has not reduced emissions."

I'm just thankful that Kate Brown knows how climate science works, consumer behavior, energy markets, and can dictate precisely the things Oregonians alone need to do to solve global warming. I say we nominate her dictator for life before someone else that hasn't figured everything out like she has gets in.

I see a move to Idaho in my future, and I'll burn everything left behind that could potentially have value to support the race to the bottom.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-19-2024)