View Single Post
Old 08-20-2024, 03:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,818 Times in 7,275 Posts
Quote:
$3,000 on a Pentium 100
That's more than I paid for a 128K Macintosh. It lasted me for 9 years until it was stolen. How long did that Pentium last? It sounds like you learned repair rather than use.

My son was exposed to, but didn't take up, programming {with a program I no longer remember the name of) on that Macintosh. It use a method of dragging and connecting tiles to create programs. Turtle graphics IIRC.

That's the same method that Blender uses today with it's node editors to structure Python programming. I can't write Python, but I can muddle my way through node editing.

Quote:
Introduction - Blender 4.2 Manual - Blender Documentation
Blender contains different node-based editors with different purposes, so this section only explains how to work with nodes in general. The list below shows the different types of nodes and where they're documented. Example of a node editor. Used for procedural modeling. Used to create

Last edited by freebeard; 08-20-2024 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: corrected the hyperlink