View Single Post
Old 08-26-2024, 10:25 AM   #143 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,324 Times in 4,732 Posts
' percentage.... Morelli '

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I do not think that percentage means what you think it does (that's three orders of magnitude). Or maybe it's the conjunction [by] vs [to].

I'd say to 125%. The case of a Porsche ducktail is different to a box van.

Remember your Morelli's 'Fluid Tail' thread?

Blown rear wheelwells FTW.
1) I made my best WAG, applied the 'expert's' project estimation correction factor, which put the curved panel man-hours at over 900%, compared to 'straight.'
2) Since most members who visit this forum are math-averse, I just rounded-up to 1,000 %, so as not to confuse, and scare people off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) I read your 125% thesis. I've been 'constructing' since kindergarten. I'm very interested in fabrication. I pay attention to 'approaches.' I've never observed, heard about, or read about anyone ever 'doing' what you've proposed, so I'm not aware that there's any efficacy to your technique. Perhaps they sell types of plywood in the Pacific Northwest that I've never experienced.
4) I'll stick to my 1,000% estimate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) As to the 'Duckbill' spoiler, it is exactly germane to the ZEVO boat tail, since this always has to do with boundary-layer theory. All 'aerodynamics' revolves around it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6) What is it that I want to think about in relation to Morelli's 'fluid tail' ? It has no bearing on what John is willing to do on the ZEVO.

Last edited by aerohead; 08-26-2024 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-26-2024)