View Single Post
Old 08-26-2024, 11:23 AM   #147 (permalink)
JohnForde
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) Pressure drag reduction is what's in the cross-hairs.
2) It depends on base pressure.
3) The base pressure is dependent upon the static pressure which exists at the separation line.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) VGs 'lower pressure'.
5) Without the whale tail, the VGs would essentially be 'right at' the separation line. And lowering pressure 'there' would be antithetical to drag reduction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6) With the VGs in place, they might act as an 'insurance policy' as far as flow attachment 'down' the whale tail is concerned. Since they're already in place, you might consider leaving them, at least until you make at least one test run, giving you 'data' for future comparison.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7) If the 24-inch extension causes the 'floor' to end right where the side panel's lower 'angled' intersection is, that would be great, taking maximum advantage of available pressure recovery.
Travel safe. Have fun!
Thanks Aerohead! I was hoping you would weigh in this morning. I will leave the VGs for now.

Are you saying the 24" extension should not have a floor? That would be easier although I do have a plan to install a large piece of coroplast as the floor from 48" - 72".
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnForde For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-26-2024)