View Single Post
Old 09-01-2024, 04:21 PM   #114 (permalink)
Logic
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I think it would be panel dependant. Monos produce about 75% of name plate power just pointing them south. If a panel is pointed say south east it will hit peak power say 80% then later in the day it will make half power. I'm not convinced monos will work this way.
Polys definitely could. You can point a poly panel straight up and stilll get 60 to 70% o rated power maybe more.
Thx for pointing out the 2 different types oil pan. I have zero experience with PV but like that this guy is an engineer who's on point and thorough in his testing, but I have no idea what panels he was using. Probably Polys.

His system clips a lot around mid day, by design, so he experimented to see what East and West would do, then went on to 20 degrees (IIRC) east and west of pure north.
His conclusion near the end of the video shows the graphs he got where he got 2% more total power, but more importantly; a useful increase in the morning and evening when he needed/wanted it.

The free software he uses to work it all out at his latitude is also mentioned somewhere in the video.