View Single Post
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
My new (used) 2021 Pacifica hybrid recently bricked due to "high voltage negative contactor stuck closed". I scoured the interwebz to figure out how I might fix that problem to no avail. Finally I signed up with AAA, had a tow truck haul the van to the nearest dealership, and they charged me $200 to "reset the contactor", whatever that process is.

The "right to repair" doesn't include having a vague idea of what resetting the contactor entails, apparently, and also apparently isn't covered by the 100,000 mile hybrid component warranty, even though the contactors are attached to the battery and not a serviceable part.
So a wrecker company made some money, a Chrysler dealer made some money, and the Chrysler corporation made nothing on your repair.

Right to repair has been a thing for more than a decade in the auto market. It means that Chrysler provides independent shops with the same technical materials and tools available to a certified Chrysler dealer. You could buy those tools too if you wanted to pony up the funds.

The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (Today)