View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
I'll admit - while on campus, I have gone from sidewalk to road... But there's special circumstances

1. There's no cars inside my campus - there's a perimeter road that goes around the entire campus, everything else is made of large sidewalks. Bikes are allowed on the sidewalks on campus.
2. My transition is more of from side walk to bike lane, then change lanes to make a left.

I hear you though, it makes me angry when I'm riding to see someone else doing something stupid... Things like riding in the bike lane, traveling in the wrong direction. Among other things :/ At least you can tell the good cyclists apart - generally, they'll say hello or wave

Quote:
This lack of judgement has coused me to quit participating in century rides. The lack of cycling ettiquette, and rules of the road just keeps it from being enjoyable. : My only hope is that there will be a 'thinning of the herd" and only those with common sense survive.
The stupid one's breed faster :/ There's an interesting not so mainstream movie titled Idiocracy - terrible movie, but good warning.