Thread: Ben's Citicar
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #100 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
I put the Citicar into storage for the winter. I have no basement or workshop, so all that stuff ends up in my garage.

I also want to have my wife's Sunfire and the Electro-Metro in the garage for the winter. (much easier NOT to have to scrape ice every morning!)

I moved the cycle, the Citicar, and some other things in to a storage unit.

I drove the Citicar over there and got a lift back home. Driving over there, I stopped at Arby's. My plan was to go through the drive-thru, but it was a road construction zone there, and I didn't want to do the 6 inch drop off the curb.

Note to self:
Citicars do NOT have a cup holder!

It took more of a charge than I thought to drive over there. I think that might be because the brakes drag a tad since we adjusted them. (At least they work!)

The storage place is next door to, and owned by, a car repair place. In their parking lot, they have 20 amp power outlets on each street light.

I asked the owner about charging up at one of the light posts, and he said "no problem".

I charged up over night and then moved the car back into the storage unit this morning (while my wife was out voting!)

The car will be in the front of the unit, so I can easily pull it out and transport it for working on the car.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos