View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
CobraBall
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
We need to stop thinking about the term "Global Warming" and focus on the idea of "Climate Alternation" or "weirdness". Parts of our Continent this past year have seen either unusually cool, warm, wet/flooding, or dry/drought conditions.

Fairbanks is in a Subarctic region -- -40F is a complaint? I've been there twice and that's normal. If you take Climate Change seriously, then don't blame it when your neck of the woods isn't "warmer".

RH77
I've been to Fairbanks once (for 38 months). I've seen 21 days in a row with the warmest temperature a minus 30F. Walked to work at -52F. It took to long to get the car ready to drive. Fairbanks on only subarctic because it is 125 miles So. of the Arctic Circle.

"If you take Climate Change seriously,". Whether one takes climate change seriously or not is not the question, the question should be "Do you REALLY think you can change the climate?" When I hear the likes of Al Gore, I am reminded to grab my billfold and hide the money. Too many Chicken Littles live in mansions and fly on private jets.

Washington Post, January 11, 1970, Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age
Chicago Daily Tribune, August 9, 1923, Scientist Says Arctic Ice Will Wipe Out Canada
Los Angeles Times, October 7, 1932, Fifth Ice Age Is On The Way
Los Angeles Times, June 28, 1923, Ice-Age Theory will be Sifted
Los Angeles Times, April 6, 1924, New Ice-Age is Forecast
Los Angeles Times, March 11, 1929, Is Another Ice Age Coming?
New York Times, June 10, 1923, Menace of a New Ice Age to be Tested by Scientists
New York Times, January 27, 1972, Climate Experts Assay Ice Age Clues
New York Times, May 21, 1975, Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead.
Washington Post, January 11, 1970, Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age