View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
Not to discount your reference to chem 107, as I honestly didn't have that in mind (thank you for bringing that up), but I've just always thought and knew that there is nothing carbon neutral about producing corn and feeding it to cows. The fossil fuel and chemicals wasted in the production of beef (and dairy products for that matter) would be the only thing up for "violation" of non-carbon neutrality. Not to mention all that water. I could go on, but I did realize this was slightly off topic, so my link was intended simply to allude to the fact that yes, of course the answer to saving gas at a drive-thru is not using it at all, but the whole idea of going to any fast food joint defeats the purpose of saving gas/resources and helping to "green the planet". Yes meat and cheese are delicious, no they are not "green". Some people may be here to save gas AND conserve as many resources as possible, others may be here exclusively to push their mileage to the limit. Both reasons have merit, I just think it's important to consider reason #1 if you hadn't. I've only recently gotten behind reason #1 myself. It seems to me that trying to save gas at a drive thru while the things you buy there will cost more gas than you will save in your life at drive thrus is reasonably superficial.

That's just what I think...