View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #91 (permalink)
trebuchet03
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezler View Post
Wait, now you're planning with commercialization in mind?
No, I have no intentions of commercializing. If a lot of people like, and are willing to pay up front for the tooling costs, I'd consider making a mold off of my completed project for limited fiberglass production slightly better than "one-off" quality. But tooling is no cheap/quick endeavor - and when I do things right - I make sure they're done right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezler View Post
Man, its like every change you make opens up a whole new can of worms. Now that the engine bay is adjusted, do you re-run all the rear mods to double check their effect? The number of simulations is growing exponentially. hehe.

Moar pretty pictures!
Ha! So I'm still processing baseline stuff I'm having problems recreating earlier tail end results... So I took out the ground effect bits and am giving it another hi-res go. That's been going for nearly 4 hours with 45 minutes to go If those results are good, I'm moving forward and will add the 18.5 degree Kamm. The downtime is good though - it gives me time to read the new aerobooks (and I'm taking notes for the more juicy bits )

The crazy thing is, there's yet another variable I've been dreading to add.... Which is making this whole thing time dependent (which in reality, it is). That's for another time.

More pictures soon

Just for fun, here's a nice picture showing some very subtle aero features on a fairly good base.... More than adequate radii, bob tailed rear, slight upkick spoiler on the upper trailing edge hint of rear tire deflector, flush windscreen/hood and probably one helluva blind spot due to the stylistic side/rear glass