View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 11:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
guudasitgets
EcoModding Apprentice

Fokus - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 32.85 mpg (US)

Lecksus - '03 Lexus RX300
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Benzzzzz - '11 Mercedes Benz ML-350 4-Matic
90 day: 19.08 mpg (US)
Heck with the electrics, boring. No the hewlands are all one piece. Thats where the oil tank is for the dry sump and no you cant substitute it, thats where all the suspention ties on to. Ya need a motor man! But there so aero you don't need much. A formula ford does an honest 130mph EASY on a 125hp. Thats only limited by the straights we run. Now it takes a lot of time to get that fast and you have to be good on the previous corner but it will do quite well. When I started driving I had an 84 Vette, my Ford (thats what we call Formula Fords) was just as quick if I geared it for a short road coarse. I can get it faster if I geared it for a slolom coarse.

Quote:
Hey, do you know of any of those that don't qualify to race anymore, that are for sale real cheap??? (Yeah, wishful thinking, there... and like I really have the money to do it right now... )
Tons of them; the slolom race guys get those. These are like the out of date chassis that aren't competitive any more.

They have to weigh 1100 with driver (and his suit, helmet etc.) so take 200 off of that

Quote:
Shoot, as light as they are, maybe just a single-speed direct drive
Nah boring; you really want a Hewland. Once you hear one, your addicted
"The Stone Age did not come to an end because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will not come to an end because we have a lack of oil" ; His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Saudi Arabia Oil Minister from 1962 to 1986)

https://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-...ehicleid=10608

Last edited by guudasitgets; 11-24-2008 at 12:01 AM..