View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
I belong to SRT Forum and TONS of the younger drivers with SRT4s are targets because of the taller than normal spoiler. Lots are removing them completely or replacing them with the smaller non-SRT4 versions. Unlike my Horizon, ALL the decals on my SRT4 are on magnetic backing so when I drive on the street I am in stealth mode....also is neat when my plain jane car blows away those idiots with huge tires and even hood scoops, or the poor Mustang, Camaro, GTO, Vette, or even fellow SRT8 owner gets flat blown away by a 12 second Neon!
<Off Topic>

Chrysler made a huge mistake with getting rid of the Neon. It simply needed a refresh instead of big, wagon-like replacement. I was always amazed by the handling -- they would seriously tear-up the autocross track (especially the ACR). Then the SRT-4 redefined "pocket-rocket" and created a following in circles such as Drag and Rally racing. Then poof -- enter the Caliber. Performance went back to expensive V-8s or 10's and out of the compact genre and others moved in.

_
_