View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Diagnosing Sounds

I'll be honest -- I'm pretty obsessive with sounds the car makes. I see them as signs and symptoms of potential problems.

So, I have 2 that worry me a bit. I know it's hard to diagnose in this format, but it's worth a try (maybe someone has had the same experience)...

Sound set #1: Clicking on accel/decel. Accelerating from a standing start, I hear a click from either side of the front wheels. The clicking occurs whenever there's a change in torque -- lifting off of the gas, or downshifting without rev-matching. In some cases (say during light acceleration) one side clicks, followed by the other. It is more pronounced that a year ago.

Sound #2: Noisy pulley. From a cold start without EBH, there's a loud metallic metal-to-metal sound from a pulley (I think) on the driver's side of the engine bay. It disappears when warm. Cause for concern? The timing belt is relatively new (40K miles about 3 years ago -- new idler and water pump, so it may be an accessory belt pulley of sorts).

-Rick

_
_