View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
AcN
EcoModding Lurker

Tibi - '97 Hyundai Tiburon RD1 + LPG
I only know one other guy with an LPG hyundai in france (know through the french tiburon forum, and he got the 03-06 V6 model)

There are now only 4 cars sold new with LPG, others are all aftermarket and Hyundai never released any LPG car so...

All i have to say is their engine (at least the beta I and beta II) are very strong and can handle the lpg higher temp easily. But the main trouble is gonna be "how to improve all that ?" since so few people are equipped with LPG
Anyway, i guess LPG won't take over other energies since people always ask me "oooow ain't you scared if it blows up someday ?" "f*** you and read about LPG and safety valve, then try one, you'll see...". French people are very dumb actually... the first impression is the final word for them... They demonstrated 20 years ago that an LPG tank could blow up, now you cannot even if you put it in the fire... safer than regular gas

ow, forgot, here are the current price of gas here in paris (at least at the suburb, add 10% for paris :
Unleaded 95 is currently 1.08€ / liter
Unleaded 98 is currently 1.12€ / liter
LPG is currently 0.72€ / liter
Diesel is currently 0.98€ / liter
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."