Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
AcN
EcoModding Lurker

Tibi - '97 Hyundai Tiburon RD1 + LPG
New guy with LPG hyundai Tiburon

Hi folks,

Discovered this forum after looking for the most useful gauges over google... read lany interesting stuff, so i wondered : why not ?

And here i am with my 1997 tiburon, LPG converted (though it still runs on unleaded fuel for heat-up ^^), currently over 187000 miles... pretty old, pretty good !

currently burning something like 9 to 10L/100km on LPG, converted it should go around 23 to 26 mpg. Notice that i'm in Paris, so traffic sucks...

i want my lovely car to give me over 30mpg, or more if possible, so here i am to learn a lot

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Batman Junior

Blackfly - '98 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Last 3: 70.09 mpg (US)

MPGiata - '90 Mazda Miata
90 day: 52.71 mpg (US)

Even Fancier Metro - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage top spec
90 day: 70.75 mpg (US)

Appliance car - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage ES (base)
90 day: 60.16 mpg (US)
Thanked 6,957 Times in 3,602 Posts
Hi AcN, welcome to the forum.

I have to say, I'd never heard of a LPG Hyundai before - I take it this was an aftermarket conversion? Is it common in France?

cheers-
Darin
Ecodriving test: Manual vs. automatic transmission MPG showdown

EcoModder
has launched a forum for the efficient new Mitsubishi Mirage
www.MetroMPG.com - fuel efficiency info for Geo Metro owners
www.ForkenSwift.com - electric car conversion on a beer budget
Old 12-09-2008, 03:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
AcN
EcoModding Lurker

I only know one other guy with an LPG hyundai in france (know through the french tiburon forum, and he got the 03-06 V6 model)

There are now only 4 cars sold new with LPG, others are all aftermarket and Hyundai never released any LPG car so...

All i have to say is their engine (at least the beta I and beta II) are very strong and can handle the lpg higher temp easily. But the main trouble is gonna be "how to improve all that ?" since so few people are equipped with LPG
Anyway, i guess LPG won't take over other energies since people always ask me "oooow ain't you scared if it blows up someday ?" "f*** you and read about LPG and safety valve, then try one, you'll see...". French people are very dumb actually... the first impression is the final word for them... They demonstrated 20 years ago that an LPG tank could blow up, now you cannot even if you put it in the fire... safer than regular gas

ow, forgot, here are the current price of gas here in paris (at least at the suburb, add 10% for paris :
Unleaded 95 is currently 1.08€ / liter
Unleaded 98 is currently 1.12€ / liter
LPG is currently 0.72€ / liter
Diesel is currently 0.98€ / liter
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
I must say, I particularly enjoy your signature, I laughed when I read it .

I would also tend to agree with a statement once made by the late, great George Carlin: "Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that 50% are dumber than THAT!" There are a tremendous amount of people in the world that allow other people to dictate what they think. They are extremely gullible, and are of no real value to society, as they do not use logic and reason to come up with answers. I'm glad to have another alternative fuel addition to the site, and I look forward to more of your posts.

WELCOME TO ECOMODDER!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
AcN
EcoModding Lurker

thanks

my hypermiling state of mind starts here though i want my car to look stock (in France i doubt you can do 10 miles without being stopped by the police - and pay a 135€ fine - if you have an aerocivic ^^). Hope i can achieve over 35mpg someday with engine & suspension fine tuning...

Are there some people running LPG here ?

Reply  Post New Thread