Thread: MPGuino problem
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
sevenspeed
EcoModding Lurker

reflashing? hardware needed?

I had no clue about waiting to plug power back in after unplugging. Will have to find the known issues page. It kept freezing or resetting on me and I would unplug it and plug it back in. I think it had to do with temperature as it didn't seem to have the problem after about 10 minutes (car is parked in a Michigan garage.) I'll have to take it in the house with me.

Well, today I did that and it died, no screen even with usb. What do I need to be able to reflash the chip aside from the arduino IDE 011? Do I need to make some sort of ciruit board? As long as it's simple I'll be fine. I'm good with electronics but have never etched a board or anything like that but could do the breadboard thing if it's not too many connections. I don't see anything burnt or a bad solder connection. I'm pretty good at soldering and I don't have any desoldering braid atm to try to get the LCD board off to check anything on that end. But when building I doublechecked all my soldering and of course had to add a bit more to a couple.