View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 03:24 AM   #149 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Background - I was born in a flower pot.. bloomin idiot.

I keed I keed.

Actually, I'm sure I'll regret making this public knowledge, but I'm a HS dropout. I got my GED in Jan of the following year (2003, I believe), finished the (4 hour) test in about 34 minutes, including a quick smoke break.

Since then, I've been involved in everything from farm work to gov't micro-chips. I used to work for Endicott Interconnect, Inc. (Think: IBM (They bought the original IBM buildings in Endicott, NY, and bought the business there too.)) I worked in total seclusion for 8-16 hours a day there, depending on the work load. For $10/hour. Working with chemicals that could prove instantly fatal.. I'm pretty sure I hated that job.

I've been a backyard mechanic for as long as I can remember, always wanting to fix things that weren't broken, which gave me the title of "Tinkerer." I've also gotten to the point where I can pretty much make anything work, so I'm sort of a Jr. MacGyver, I haven't graduated to Sr. status yet. I can't make everything from everyday items, sometimes it takes me awhile to figure something out, and I don't always do things the easiest way, although I try.

I'm probably the most willing person I know to challenge conventional wisdom/knowledge. If everything in the world was conventional, we all might as well give up. I've (on several occaisions) challenged many of the laws of physics. I've lost an equal number of those battles. One day, I'll win. I like to think so anyway.

I've been tested for IQ at least 100 times since I was 8.. it's always been the same, and people don't believe it, since I don't normally show people in real life any sort of intuition whatsoever.

I don't hang out with people too often, I tend to be a loner in that sense. I've never been particularly worried about other people's opinions of me, good or indifferent. That sort of attitude is usually not conducive to friends, but those who I do acquaint with, are the best friends you could have. They're more like family to me.

If you really wanna start a conversation with me about anything, just PM. Seriously. I'm open to talk about just about anything. I might have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I can still ask questions. I like to ask questions.

[flameProofSuit=On]

Last edited by Christ; 12-17-2008 at 03:40 AM..