View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
guudasitgets
EcoModding Apprentice

Fokus - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 32.04 mpg (US)

Lecksus - '03 Lexus RX300
90 day: 17.61 mpg (US)

Benzzzzz - '11 Mercedes Benz ML-350 4-Matic
90 day: 18.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
wish the world were as simple as you say. In our global economy- oil prices are affected by a multitude of factors. Supply and demand. If one member of OPEC sneezes (yes, I know, Canada is not part of OPEC), the rest of the world runs for a hanky.
theres an answer, Total domestic isolationizm

At my work they always kid me as the guy that has an answer for everything, and as I look back at my passion of working with some of the best there is in motorsports, you try and have that train of thought, always because as the ols saying goes, "if you won't somebody will"

Quote:
Every dollar sent overseas to buy foreign oil adds to our trade deficit. Last time I checked, in 2007-2008 we spent nearly 700 BILLION in foreign oil to satisfy our insatiable domestic energy needs. I'm glad Canada is getting a large portion of this (as is Mexico)- but inevitably Hugo and Ahmidenijad get their slice through the global market as well. (I've made no mention of Saudi Arabia's global portion. Do you recall that 17 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were of Saudi origin?)
Well theres an answer to that too, you don't have a US passport, get out!

Quote:
F1 and LeMans racing in general have little bearing on overall US vehicle sales- so that argument isn't valid.
Ok for these few seconds I'll make your point valid and take away EVERYTHING that had roots in the sport that has now a bearing on YOUR car; Your Toyota Corrolla. Lets start with the things racing has "no bearing on vehicle sales" like your seat belts, traction control, digital fuel injection, high preasure aluminium castings, radial tires, composite materials, disk brakes, low restriction exhaust, direct drive automatic transmissions, floating disk brake rotors, fire retardent interior materials, multi-viscosity motor oils & synthetics, Kevlar fiber (first automotive use 1967 Ford GT40 body); Rack & pinion steering, that prescious 16 valve head in your Corolla, it doesn't end, there are so many improvements we make in our race cars that you have no idea now what a better car in your future would become and yes it will reflect in sales and has a "bearing" on sales because you the consumer will have a better safer more efficiant car. Put some High pressure Helium gas ceramic wheel bearings on your car and see what a differance the miliage would be just by changing that alone. Don't even try to tell me none of this is valid.

Quote:
We're talking about the US diesel market-correct?
Yes we are, is Audi part of that market?

Quote:
Why aren't all vehicles on the road Prius? Simple, it's called freedom of choice.
No it's called -IT COSTS TOO MUCH,,,,,PERIOD!

Quote:
I don't drive a Prius- because I can't stomach how boring it is to drive. That is my choice. However, I have driven "clean" turbo-diesels in Europe (from Ford and GM-Opel among others) that were 10x as fun to drive.
If you wanted something that wasn't boring you would be shopping for a 911

Quote:
Yes, there are diesel cars available in the US right now- but I don't plan on owning one until I can buy one that is US-built. Again- this is my personal choice of wanting to support US workers.
If you believed that, whats that Toyota doing in your driveway?
"The Stone Age did not come to an end because we had a lack of stones, and the oil age will not come to an end because we have a lack of oil" ; His Excellency Sheikh Ahmed Zaki Yamani (Saudi Arabia Oil Minister from 1962 to 1986)

https://ecomodder.com/forum/em-fuel-...ehicleid=10608